If you have employees such as tour guides, dock managers, or deck hands that work on tips, having a way to allow a customer to easily add gratuity to their rental or activity is key to their livelihood.
These individuals work hard to provide customers with an enjoyable experience and often go above and beyond to make the activity special for the customer.
The Gratuity feature in BookingCentral gives you different options that work best for your business.
- Add Gratuities as an option to be added after the activity
- Allow Customers to add gratuity when booking online
- Tip amounts as a percentage and custom amounts
- Custom message that customers can see when adding a tip during online checkout
- Order Reports with Gratuity per booking for easy payout
- Tips added during the Check In/Check Out process
To enable, go to Settings - Gratuities. Options for setup includes:
- Check to enable the gratuity feature when booking through the backend
- If you want to show a gratuity option during check, you can enable it here (not common)
- Select the Options for tip amount
- Add a Message that will show to customers if you choose the checkout option
Adding Gratuity on a Booking
When gratuities is enabled on orders, you are able to add a tip to an existing booking. To do so:
- Open the booking
- In the Functions section, select Add Gratuity
- Select desired tip amount that the customer chooses
- The tip amount will be included in the Order Summary and update the Balance
- Use the Payment section to charge the card on file for the tip amount