Retail Items are any additional option that can be added to a booking for a price.
Retail Items currently are only options for the business to add to a booking through the system, and are not available as booking options for online sales.
Common examples of retail items are:
- Fuel Charges
- Damage Charges
- Retail items such as t-shirts
This article will explain:
- How to set up a Retail item
- How to enable a Retail item
- How to add/charge a retail item on the order
Let's learn how to set up the retails item for Fuel Charges.
Go to Settings - Retail. Select + Add Item to get started.
Fields for setup include:
- Name: enter the name of the item that will be shown on the order when adding to the booking
- Price: enter price of the item
- If there are more than one price option, select + Add Product Variant to add additional prices
- Tax: if the item is taxable, add the tax rate
- Flex Item: enable this option if you allow the price and/or description to be modified on an order.
- If flex, set the description to allow modifications or not
- If flex, set the price to added modifications or not
- Quantity: If the quantity will always be 1, then check this box to hide the quantity field
- Decimals: If quantity field is enabled, and can be a number with decimals, then check this box
- Quantity Label: include an optional text that will refer to the quantity or unit of measure
- Example: gallons for fuel
Enabling Retail Items
After you have created your retail item in the Settings, in order to allow it to be added to an Order through the system, you must first enable it.
Go to Settings - Locations - select your location or Edit.
Select the Products tab, and move the retail item from the left column to the right column.
All items, which includes Rentals, Tours, Retail, and Insurance, shown in the right column are available for booking. Items shown in the left column are not available for booking.
Adding a Retail Item to an Order
Once you've assigned the retail item to the Location, you can now add it to any order in the system.
To do so, open the booking, and select the Add Retail link on the order screen.
- Choose the Retail Product
- Add the Quantity, if enabled
- Add a description, if needed
- The price will be populated based on settings, but adjust as needed
The Order Summary will create a line item for the Retail item, and will update the balance due. The user can charge the card on file (or choose another payment method).