To create a deposit rule for online checkout, you will set that up under the Price List pages of your product setup. A deposit refers to the amount that you will collect from your customers at the time of checkout.
To add your deposit rule:
- Go to the Settings tab
- Select Tickets for tours/activities or Rentals for rentals
- Select the Price List tab in the product setup pages
Deposit Options include:
- Full Amount - will take the entire amount at the time of booking.
- Fixed Amount - a flat amount taken at the time of booking.
- Fixed Amount (Per Unit) - for Rentals only. This is a flat amount per rental taken at the time of booking.
- Percentage - will take a percentage of the total at the time of booking.
- No payment required, but hold card on file - will not take a payment at the time of booking, but will collect the credit card information.
- No payment required - no payment or payment information is taken at the time of booking.
Deposit options are set per product. You must set up the rule on each product's Price List setup page.