The system offers several options to refund payments:
- Refund the payment(s) on a cancelled booking through the Order Details.
- Refund a specific payment through Payments History or Report.
- Partial refund through the Order Details (updated bookings or discount)
Refund a Cancelled Booking
1. Cancel the booking. This action will create a negative amount in the Balance section of the Order Summary.
2. In the Refund section at the bottom of the Order, select the Method of Refund:
- Credit Card - will refund to the Credit Card on file
- Cash / Check
3. Confirm the amount is correct, then Save. You have successfully refunded the customer.
See it in action:
Refund/Void a payment through Payment History
If you need to refund or void a payment on a booking (without canceling the order), you can do that through the Payment History.
Note: Some processors (Stripe, Square) do not support a voided payment, so the system will offer a refund payment instead.
To access the Payment History:
- Open the Order
- From the Actions button (bottom of page), select Payment History
- Select the Payment that you want to refund/void
- From the Payment Details window, select Void
- If the processor does not support a Void, you can refund the payment. Select OK.
Refund/Void a payment through Payments Report
To access the Payments Report:
- Go to the Reports tab
- Include the search parameters for the payment (date the payment was made)
- Right click on the payment, select Payment Details
- Follow the same steps 4 - 5 above to Void/Refund the payment
Process a Partial Refund
You can process a partial refund on an order. This can occur if you updated the order that resulted in a balance due back to the customer. Common reasons would be applying a discount or changing the product, date or time. When the order has a balance in favor of the customer (negative balance), then it will show the refund section on the order to process. Follow the steps 2-3 from the cancelled booking section above to process the refund.
To confirm the refund, you can view the Booking Actions - Show Payments to see details of the Payment History on the booking.