The system allows you to add a additional payment options if, at times, you take payment from other sources such as an outside vendor or voucher.
To set up a custom payment type, go to Settings - Payments.
Select + Add Custom Payment Method
Custom Payment Methods are only seen as payment options through the admin (back office) order screen. They are not a choice for customers booking online.
In the Payment Method window, set up your new payment method. Options include:
- Name: this is the label that will identify the payment method on the order screen.
- Valid For: select if this payment method is valid for Charges, Refunds, or both. Uncheck options that are not valid.
- Name Field: if you need to enter additional name information such as an Employee, add it here. The field can be set to Optional or Required. If not, set to Not Used.
- Placeholder field is used to give instructions to the user
- Account Field: as an option, can include a section for an account number. Can be set to Optional, Required, or Not Used.
Select OK when settings have been added, and then Save.
When making a New Booking through the system, you will now have the Custom Option shown in the Payment section. Select to add the information, and Save the booking.