If you want to offer your customers the ability to protect their rental or activity booking, then you can setup a trip protection option that customers can choose when booking online. You can also add trip protection when booking through the back office, too.
The Trip Protection feature is great for options such as:
- Damage Deductible: Offer a fixed fee Damage insurance for guests that want to insure for damages made to the rentals
- Cancellation Protection: Offer a percentage or fixed rate of the booking total to allow a guest to cancel for any reason
To set up and enable Trip Protection, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings - Insurance.
- Select + Add Protection Plan.
- Include the Name, Description, Location, Cost, and what items are included in the cost. Save.
Once set up, your customers can add trip protection to their booking. The trip protection option will be seen during checkout on the Booking Details screen.
You are also able to add it on the booking through the back office, employees and users can add the protection option to the Order under Additional Options.
If selected, it will be included in the Order Summary for the booking.