If you want to offer your customers the ability to insure their rental or activity booking, then you can setup an Insurance option that customers can choose when booking online. You can also add insurance when booking through the back office, too.
The Insurance feature is great for options such as:
- Damage Deductible: Offer a fixed fee Damage insurance for guests that want to insure for damages made to the rentals
- Cancellation Insurance: Offer a percentage or fixed rate of the booking total to allow a guest to cancel for any reason
To set up and enable Insurance, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings - Insurance. Select + Add Insurance.
- Include the Name, Description, Cost, and what items are included in the cost. Save.
- To enable the new Insurance option, go to Settings - Locations.
- Select a Location.
- Click on the Products tab, and move the new Insurance option to the right column using the + button. Save.
Once set up, your customers can add Insurance to their booking. The Insurance option will be seen during checkout on the Booking Details screen.
You are also able to add it on the booking through the back office, employees and users can add the Insurance option to the Order under Additional Options.
If selected, it will be included in the Order Summary for the booking.